Start up Question on Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_sass72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I've been reading up on Saltwater tanks. We currently have a 29 gallon FOWLR tank set up, and doing well. We have a clown and a purple tang, 2 hermits, and a crab. With that being said, we are still learning.

We want to move into a 55 gallon tank. We are going to get a tank, and I believe a Fluval canister, I believe it was the 304 for our filter. My question comes in on the protein skimmer. We were wondering if the skimmer would be ok to add a little later?? Can we start the tank with the sand and LR, and start cycling it, then add the protein skimmer in a month (hopefully less)?? We'd like to add our protein skimmer in the next month. We aren't planning on adding fish for a while, after it cycles.

I'll be up all night trying to figure this out. I think we'd like to get the Coral Life protein skimmer ... does anyone have a good link for this? I can find it either way.

Thank you in advance for your help in this. I have thoroughly enjoyed the posts of everyone here. It's a great knowledge base.

The Sass

Thanks so much, from what I had read that was my take on it. I'd rather be safe than sorry though. I want to do it right ... the first time.

Thanks you.

Back
Top Bottom