Startin a new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OwenBrewer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to start up a 29 gallon FOWLR for my first salt water tank, I've watched about every video on YouTube there is and just want any pointers that could help! I know it's a small tank I just want it to kinda test thing out, and then hopefully I'll move up to a bigger reef tank. HELP ME OUT GUYS :D

im doing the exact same thing on my 30 gallon i already got it cycling. i have also watched all the videos myself lol. what do u have for filtration

Hi I am also very new to this hobby. I have a 25g reef tank and the only thing I wish I had done now is start bigger. When people said bigger is easier I did wonder how that could be but now I know.

On the flip side the tank I have an Aquael ReefMax (check YouTube) and its great for beginners as its an all in one plug and play tank. However I have found it limits me to what I can and can't do. So I am already thinking on a much bigger scale. Just need to convince the girlfriend to surrender a large portion of the house to me.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Rob

yeah i got an aquaclear 70 power filter and it seems to be doing fine, and with these smaller tanks a sump and refugium i dont see necessary, same with a skimmer. im on a tight budget .

Back
Top Bottom