Starting 30 Gallon saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voltuhge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
lately i have been thinking of starting a 30 gallon salt water tank. I already own a tank, pump and heater. Can someone tell me approximately how much it is going to cost me to set up a tank with live sand/rock with no reef? Also any advice you have for a salt water tank beginner?

Thank you.

Tough question because if your like me you will continue to upgrade and invest in coral!
Live rock and sand approx $200
You will
Likely need to add more flow with a powerhead! They may cost from $90-300 depending on brand!
Salt pail cost $60-$80
Water RODI is a necessity I just naught a unit for $300 you can purchase it from your local LFS but in the long run more expensive!

Tough question because if your like me you will continue to upgrade and invest in coral!
Live rock and sand approx $200
You will
Likely need to add more flow with a powerhead! They may cost from $90-300 depending on brand!
Salt pail cost $60-$80
Water RODI is a necessity I just naught a unit for $300 you can purchase it from your local LFS but in the long run more expensive!

I agree with everything said except for some prices. Just powerheads without fancy wave makers aren't that expensive - maybe $25-$50. Also, I'm pretty sure bulkreefsupply.com has RODI units for only $150, and they produce 70gpd which is more than enough for a 30 gal. Live rock for a 30g may cost upwards of $250 depending on the source, and you might want to look into dry rock which is much cheaper.

Good luck with your build!

Back
Top Bottom