Starting a saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ckennedy37

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have always wanted a saltwater tank but heard they were very hard to take care of and maintain. I have a 75g freshwater tank and enjoy taking care of the fish and creating good looking landscapes for them to live in.

So here are my questions. How hard is it to start and maintain a freshwater tank and what's better to start out with a smaller or larger tank?

Just generally speaking, having both sw and fw tanks i think the sw is about the same. The initial cost is greater and you have to pay attention to the water and creatures a bit more, at least in my experience. Once you are all set up and stocked it becomes just as easy as a fw tank.

I would get the biggest tank you can fit budget/size wise. The more water volume you have the easier it is to keep your parameters in check.

There are some great articles on this site, check out the stickies at the top of the sw forum topics. :-D

Nicely put Carey. I just started my tank a bit over a month ago and has been fairly easy. Same as freshwater just the water has salt in it.

Back
Top Bottom