Starting a Saltwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e.mmareese

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had had the idea of turning my 10 gallon freshwater into a saltwater tank, now before i start thinking and getting into deep research is there anything I could even get in a 10 gallon?

There are a lot of cool inverts and small fish that could go in there for sure. That said small sw tanks tend to be more difficult to keep stable than large ones so it would be a bit of a challenge but definitely doable

There are a lot of cool inverts and small fish that could go in there for sure. That said small sw tanks tend to be more difficult to keep stable than large ones so it would be a bit of a challenge but definitely doable

Thanks for the reply! And i'll keep that in mind about the tank size

I started with a 10 and it was definitely more testing and making sure everything did well in it but I don't do nearly as much testing or maintenance on the 40 I have now.

I will say though in a 10 gallon doing a large wc to fix a problem is a lot easier than doing one in a big tank to fix it.

I started with a 10 and it was definitely more testing and making sure everything did well in it but I don't do nearly as much testing or maintenance on the 40 I have now.

I will say though in a 10 gallon doing a large wc to fix a problem is a lot easier than doing one in a big tank to fix it.

Thanks for the reply and I'll keep that in mind also!

Back
Top Bottom