Starting again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. Well I had a sw tank about 6 years ago and I've been helping my roomate with his which has got me bitten by the bug again. So here's the deal! I got a 40 gallon tank, fluval 403 canister filter, hob skimmer, using seachem salt.

I found a guy taking down his tank cause he doesn't have time for it anymore. It's been established for "years" got about 40 pounds of his LR and his 1" sandbed. I also took some of my roomates filter media and put it in my filter. So here is my question. Eventhough it is a new tank, with using his established LR and sand should I expect to see a normal "starter" cycle?

Thanks!

If you use 40 lbs of live rock that's been established probably not use new sand though. Try to get the salinity and temp at the same levels.

Ok thanks. I was going to wait a couple weeks to add anything anyway. Now I am reading things saying I shouldnt use the canister filter and just go ahead and set up a sump...

Back
Top Bottom