Starting my FIRST saltwater tank!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nitrates will naturally go up. If you keep up with your weekly 10% water changes everything will be just fine. You might need to do a larger than average water change on occasion to assist with keeping the nitrate levels in check.
As for the cyano, it is normally red. I have also seen it be green and black. This stuff feeds off of nutrients int he water column in low flow areas.

Well, here is another update, parameters have improved!! Got a few new corals and my FIRST fish!!! I got a diamond Goby! Figured my sand needed some work so why not! Here's the pic! I circled the cave the goby made for itself!

Yes, the pic cut off the power head which is located on the top left corner! Sorry about that. And that circular thing is just a picture frame I had in the back, sorry bout that too haha. But yeah, let me post another pic so you can see my goby! :D

I'd look into upgrading lighting especially for that birds nest. Plus that color spectrum isn't gonna really bring out the best color in corals hence why everything kind of looks brown.

Not much, lol I was looking at the fluval sea nano marine & reef led lamp.
But it's kinda hard to get a new light, the top of the tank with the cover is a bit weird. The opening is pretty small to the tank

Don't skimp on a skimmer! Some cheaper brands really don't take out enough contaminant and test, test, test and keep testing [emoji1303] [emoji4]

Hows the goby? Any close ups? I can't wait to have a saltwater. I pretty much am in it for a goby and a blenny haha

That very rarely happens. It comes down to food source and ability to breed. Most of our systems simply don't have what it takes for certain things to breed. Though I've seen pictures of systems where the population explodes to unimaginable levels, in most cases they either die off completely or stay in very small numbers. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom