Starting my FIRST saltwater tank!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been following from afar. I am on the freshwater side. You have come a long way from when you first started. Glad to see you go to a bigger tank as well.

Hey guys! I honestly don’t know much about my bubble tip except for flow and placements but how do you guys think it’s doing so far? Does it look comfortable? Give me some info! IMG_5319.jpg

Have some sad news today! Came home from work and what do you know... my diamond goby is belly up [emoji88] and I’m missing a clown fish! [emoji22]

It might have something to do with it. I'd look at the other parameters, but this system is so new it could have fluctuated easily into a 'mini cycle' for whatever reason.
Are things looking fine parameter wise now? What all is left in the system?

It might have something to do with it. I'd look at the other parameters, but this system is so new it could have fluctuated easily into a 'mini cycle' for whatever reason.
Are things looking fine parameter wise now? What all is left in the system?

Well, my nitrates are steady around 15-20, doing weekly water changes and adding a skimmer in today. But all other parameter are within normal value. I have all corals left with 1 clown fish and a algae blenny. I did add a new clown fish in yesterday night. So far doing okay.

Guys I need some help, can’t figure out what is wrong with my tank! The corals just aren’t happy the past couple of days. Zoa’s are closed, torch is closed, frogspawns and hammers as well. My parameters seem to be in check.
PH-8.2-8.5
Salinity 1.025
Nitrates are a bit high but it was always that high, around 15
Ammonia is 0
Nitrite is 0
The only changes that took place were I added snails and hermit crabs as well as a starfish that actually died and I threw it out this morning.

Back
Top Bottom