Starting over.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
hate making mistakes but oh well, live and learn, right??? Was going to quit the other day after losing my bi color angel but gave it a day and I am no quitter. Starting 75g over after reading that crushed coral is junk and shouldn't be used....had to take whole tank apart today. :banghead:

40lbs aragonite sand
20lbs live sand
50lbs base rock
25lbs live

marineland 400 filter
seaclone 100 protein skimmer
2 aquaclear 30 powerheads with filter attachments for a little extra boost
Deep Blue HO t5 2x54

will this suffice for now?? saved about 25% of the water from the tear down this morning so I am assuming cycle won't take as long this time around but I don't know...any thoughts?? it's still a little cloudy but coming around really fast :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Well, the bacteria you build up in a cycle isn't in the water, it's on the rock and substrate. If the rock was kept wet it should be ok. I'd suspect a shorter cycle if the rock was there before even if it wasn't, just keep checking the parameters. Glad you are dribbling with it man.

yes, rock was kept wet in a big ole tub with the water that I saved. only right thing I have done so far...I think

Back
Top Bottom