starting up and cycling corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Its about 55 gallons and we're using a fluval 404 for the filter. I've filled the tank with premade water from the lfs and added 120 lbs of carib sea argonite sand along with two cups of sand from my year old nanocube. I also have placed a sponge from my cubes filter in the new tank. Will get a small piece of live rock for the tank soon also. As far as cycling, is there anything else i need to do?
Also, i have been trying to figure out lighting for the tank. I am going to make the tank a fowlr but would like to maybe have a few macro algaes in the tank too. What lights would work well for the macro algaes?
Thanks

I would test the water and see where youre at as far as cycle or lack of cycle. :) You can also put a dead shrimp in there or some pure ammonia to jumpstart it. With some established media already in the tank you may have a very fast cycle so test test test! LOL

Most macro algae doesn't need intense lighting so you can get by with some basic light since you aren't doing corals.

Back
Top Bottom