stock list for 200g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shanec73

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

Got my new 200 gallon tank(72x24x27) set up about 3 weeks now. I have made a list of fish i'm thinking i want, please look it over and let me know if i need to make any changes. Thanks in advance for the input. P.S. this will be a mixed reef tank with inverts.

yellow eye kole tang
powder brown tang
blonde naso tang
carribean blue tang
diamond watchman goby
blue spot jawfish
true percula clown (mated pair)
3-bangaii cardinals
foxface lo
10 or so blue green chromis
lemonpeel angel

light-(3) dimmable 120w taotronic LED
sump/refugium-trigger crystal elite
skimmer- reef octopus 3000int
powerheads (2) koralia 1400, (2) koralia evolution 750
return pump- mag18
200 lbs live sand
200 lbs base rock
70 lbs live rock

hey there im new to this too but i think thats too many tangs for a tank that size or if they are compatible all 4 will have to be put in at the same time

Hi all,

Got my new 200 gallon tank(72x24x27) set up about 3 weeks now. I have made a list of fish i'm thinking i want, please look it over and let me know if i need to make any changes. Thanks in advance for the input. P.S. this will be a mixed reef tank with inverts.

yellow eye kole tang
powder brown tang
blonde naso tang
carribean blue tang
diamond watchman goby
blue spot jawfish
3-bangaii cardinals
foxface lo
lemonpeel angel

return pump- mag18
200 lbs live sand
200 lbs base rock
70 lbs live rock

I would do this order:
Bangaii
Jawfish
Foxface
Chromis
Goby
Clowns
Angel
Tangs

10 chromis might be pushing the parameters a little too much IMO.
Good luck with the tank, and I'm jealous. I want a big tank.

All lovely fish however if you're new to the Saltwater world i wouldn't add the Powder Brown for a few months. Tangs in general can get teritorial so i agree with adding them last.

Also watch out for the lemonpeel as they are notorious coral nippers. They like to nip on softies and especially zoa's.

Hi all,

yellow eye kole tang
powder brown tang
blonde naso tang
carribean blue tang
diamond watchman goby
blue spot jawfish
3-bangaii cardinals
foxface lo
lemonpeel angel

return pump- mag18
200 lbs live sand
200 lbs base rock
70 lbs live rock

Personally i lke your list only add couple fish at a time tho i think the tangs will be fine i have in my 150 a sailfin a naso 9 chromis 3 clowns a wrass a mandarin 2 firefish an anthias and a cardinal no issues at all with bioload tangs dont think twice of each other id like a blue tang but know one has one aroupnd here keep in mind tho the naso will get huge over a foot long

thanks all for the replies. I currently have the lemonpeel in a 55 gallon tank (my daughters fish) i was just thinking of adding him to the big tank so i could only have 1 saltwater tank set up. I have 2 african cichlid tanks also set up. I do plan to QT ALL fish! my plan is QT 3-4 weeks then add to DT and then QT next fish until they are all in (will take a while but I want it done right). also I think im going to cut the blue green chromis down to maybe 5. If you think i should cut one of the tangs i can as its not more important to me to have certain fish as it is to have healthy happy fish.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom