Stock list for 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
The diamond should be fine with a mandarin. I have several gobies and blennies in with my two dragonets and they get along well. The mandarins from what i can tell go about their business and pretty much ignore whats going on around them while they hunt for food. I had a yellow watchman goby that would lunge at my mandy but she never flinched just kept going. lol

Haha yeah! Those yellow watchmans are mean!!
Would 2 diamond gobies get along in a 75 gallon?

Thats a lot of diamond goby in my opinion. lol They eat from the sand so you might not have enough food to support two. Plus they will destroy your sandbed, lol, most people with one of them complain. hehe

carey said:
Thats a lot of diamond goby in my opinion. lol They eat from the sand so you might not have enough food to support two. Plus they will destroy your sandbed, lol, most people with one of them complain. hehe

Haha I'm kinda hoping they'll go through my sand bed! I don't want my sand bed to be perfectly flat, I want it to be natural...okay so not 2 diamond gobies but 1 diamond goby, could I get another type of goby in there?

My lfs has a Green Mandarin right now, an I see copepods all over my sand bed! There's probably 20 per 2 square inches! And they have him trained to eat frozen brine.. I know my tank is not established, actually this would be the first fish in the tank but do you think I could get him?
I have a refugium running on this tank btw

If he's eating frozen, then that's your best bet for keeping one alive. But when he starts eating your pods, he could revert back to eating only pods.
If you really want one, this would be the one to try it with, IMO.

Flreefer said:
If he's eating frozen, then that's your best bet for keeping one alive. But when he starts eating your pods, he could revert back to eating only pods.
If you really want one, this would be the one to try it with, IMO.

Your saying the green mandarin is the one to try it with?
I saw him eat live brine today but I'm going back tomorrow to see him eat frozen

No, I'm saying any Mandarin eating (I thought frozen) brine. Live foods have their own dangers.
If he's eating frozen, I would get him.

Flreefer said:
No, I'm saying any Mandarin eating (I thought frozen) brine. Live foods have their own dangers.
If he's eating frozen, I would get him.

When you say live foods, you mean by them carrying diseases and stuff?
Haha yeah! My good friend works tomorrow so I can get him 20% off! :D
Will he develop a tall dorsal fin like some or is it like that from birth?

Will the males always have the tall fin or will they get it after being a juvenile? And I was reading on them and one site says " These fish should not be kept with other fish or invertebrates that may deplete the pod population"
What exact fish are they talking about?

Copperbands, Scooter Blennies, maybe 6-line wrasse too.
That's all I can think of, but they will usually have a little, terminal mouth....about the size of a pod. :)
Im not sure about the juveniles, they may all have a small fin, until the male matures and grows one.

Flreefer said:
Copperbands, Scooter Blennies, maybe 6-line wrasse too.
That's all I can think of, but they will usually have a little, terminal mouth....about the size of a pod. :)
Im not sure about the juveniles, they may all have a small fin, until the male matures and grows one.

Haha well I was debating a copper banded but from all the things I've heard about them and having to decide between green mandarin and copper banded I'd probably have to choose green mandarin :)
I hope he grows one in of it is a he!

Just purchased him!
Bought him and a pack of frozen brine shrimp plus or something
I'll probably feed live brine once a week too, would that be good? Should I do it more often, less often or not at all?

Cool Armyman!! Did you see him eat the frozen at the store?
I would only use the live if necessary. And rinse them in RO best you can, when you do.
Really hope he works out for you!

Wow awesome!!!! I really really want a copperband.,maybe someday! Goodluck x 100!!!

Flreefer said:
Cool Armyman!! Did you see him eat the frozen at the store?
I would only use the live if necessary. And rinse them in RO best you can, when you do.
Really hope he works out for you!

Yeah he ate a few when my friend got there to feed but he thinks they fed him earlier
The guy at my lfs said they like the active lively movements of the live brine
An yeah I hope he works out too! Really pretty and I have heard most don't survive! /: poor fishies

armyman16 said:
Picture of him!

Gboy, have you researched much into the copper banded butterfly?

Not too much, but i think it might fit in my tank (66 gallon) and that they are kida picky..so make sure they can eat frozen. Thats about all i know! Lol

He looks nice and fat, that's a great sign. I would try to feed the frozen first, and only resort to live brine when you have to. Mandarins eating the prepared frozen foods, is usually the difference between life and death.

Back
Top Bottom