Stocking a 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarskreamX82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to start saltwater and I'm wondering what would get along in a 30g. I also saw some Mandarin at my lfs and remember reading they need something special but I can't find the thread.

Mandarins need pods to eat or they will starve. Some people have been lukcy with getting them to eat prepared foods but thats still a gamble.

I had 2 clowns, a royal gramma, a lawnmower blenny and a pink spotted watchmen goby in my 29g. :)

I used an aquaclear hang on in my 29g and I use one in my 20g tank. Perfectly acceptable and doesnt require a sump and all that stuff. LOL

A mandarin is a gamble even if you do have the sump and pods and all that stuff. I currently have an ORA mandarin and a scooter, I was really really lucky in that both now eat frozen food. But it took almost a month and the only thing that kept them alive was that I had a good population of pods. They both could suddenly one day refuse the prepared foods as well so theres some more of a gamble.

I love my Mandy, but not sure if I would take the gamble again. :)

That's a good place to start. :) Theres a good selection of gobies, blennies and other neat smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom