Stocking a fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright so the fuge has been setup for a little while now and I'm starting to see some pods.... I'm also noticing detrius on the sandbed.....

I want to stock the fuge with some things either from my tank or from the LFS... but I don't want anything that eats Algae or could even possibly eat the pods...... any ideas?????? Something that eats poo would be nice.. :)

It's got about an inch or two of Argonite, 15 or so lbs. of LR, and some macros.... going to replaced with chaeto soon.....

nassaruis snails (my spelling may be a little off). They eat poo, I don't think they'd eat your macro but I could be wrong.

Alright... well my my final question is this then.....

Will the crabs attack the snails??? Can they coexist??

Yes, just make sure the hermits(supposing that's the type of crab your referring to) have larger shells to change into or they'll kill your snails for their shells.

I was thinking more along the lines of regular crabs.... I went out and picked up 10 Nassarius today..... acclimating them as we speak....

Back
Top Bottom