Stocking Ideas for 125g Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney6980

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well after many months of cycling and preparing, I'm finally ready to start stocking up my 125gallon! Its been cycling for close to 5 months now, and everything's been stable for quite a while. I've got a small CUC which consists of a couple turbos, a cpl nassarius snails, a few peppermint shrimp (which made quick work of the few aips that popped up on some of the rock a cpl months ago) and a mystery snail that ended up as a hitchhiker.

After browsing the selection at Premium Aquatics the other day, I fell in love with a foxface rabbitfish, and since he was on my list, I had to get him! He's been doing great, and eating like a pig. He's still small, only about 1.5".

Now my real question is, I'm looking to see what else would fit, and get along with the foxface. My wife absolutely loves yellow tangs, and I'd really like to get one of them, and possibly a blue hippo. Then a couple of black and white clowns. Would these, plus a cpl other smaller fish be alright in a 125g long tank. I've got about 130 lbs of rock, mostly dry rock with a bunch of manando rock from PA. Eventually I will do corals,I'd like to try them all lol, but I know I won't.

Any advice on others to get, or ideas to change what i got on the list would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I think you would be fine with the list you mentioned. It would also leave room for other fish as you get deeper into the hobby that you will want. lol

I have in my 125g reef tank the following with no trouble whatsoever
yellow, blue and tomini tangs
male/female squareback anthias
copperband butterfly
3 blue reef chromis
lawnmower blenny and a spotted watchman goby

Well that's great news! I was kinda worried I was pushing the limit of the number of fish! But I guess I'm still used to when I had this tank freshwater, and had nothin more than 2 oscars in it! Lol

I was also rather interested in possibly a dwarf zebra lionfish. But that's still up in the air as I do enjoy the ornamental shrimps and crabs, and the lionfish would make it hard to keep those.

Thank you guys for the input! I will get pics here very soon and post them up!

Back
Top Bottom