stocking suggestion for a 30gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
stocking suggestion for a 30 + 55gal

I would like to get some input on what i can put in my 30gal and a 55gal FOWLR tank (maybe a few corals but not a totally reef tank). the fish must take pellets/flakes whenever i'm on business trip. i do have frozen food but i must make sure the fish don't die while i'm away

I already have two hermit crabs (sad and lonely). I plan on getting a pair of clowns. at least one pair of pistol shrimp/goby, lawnmower blenny.

anything else i can get?

If its a 30(like in the title) you could look into something like a royal gramma. if it is a 55(like in the message) you could look into a dwarf angel, like a flame angel or a coral beauty. With those fish you could also get some shrimp, I really like my cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp.

If its a 30(like in the title) you could look into something like a royal gramma. if it is a 55(like in the message) you could look into a dwarf angel, like a flame angel or a coral beauty. With those fish you could also get some shrimp, I really like my cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp.

sorry for the confusion. it's actually both a 30 and a 55.

i was planning on getting the royal gramma this weekend:D.

Im a wrasse lover. I have 6 in one of my 40 gallons along with a pair of clowns a golden pygmy angel and gobies. My other 40 I have two more wrasses, some hard to get gobies, a venustus angel and a pair of gold flake maroon clowns

In your case a tank bred or at least a tank raised fish would be more likely to accept flakes or pellets. For example tank bred clowns will readily accept flakes or pellets.

In your case a tank bred or at least a tank raised fish would be more likely to accept flakes or pellets. For example tank bred clowns will readily accept flakes or pellets.

yeah, that's what i don't like SW, or fish keeping in general. most exotic species require certain diet and i will be glad to provide those food when i'm around, but since my job requires to to fly to different manufacturing plants i can't keep things that inspire me to keep fish, like the porcupine puffer

i just checked the tank dimension today and apparently i have been mistaken about the tank size. the 30gal is actually a 29gal High.

but anyways, is there anything else in my 29gal and 55gal? how many clean up crews do you guys recommend? as of right now there's only two hermit crabs and obviously it's not enough

Back
Top Bottom