Stocking Tips for a 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dunnman39

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently started a 55 gal SW tank. It is about week 5-7. I am still doing a lot of research and trying to figure things out. Right now I am still cycling the water as I am taking my time and making sure everything is just right. I am now interested in some stocking ideas like types of fish, snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. I would really like to have a nice variety of fish and some interesting types of species. Very colorful and all. Thanks for all the help.

My 2 cents...
clownfish gotta have some clowns
Dwarf angel (coral beauty, flame, bi-color)
Royal gramma
wrasse ( your choice I loved my melanarus)
I have a fighting conch snail that is weird so interesting to look at
There's a few ideas for you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you decide on getting a dwarf angelfish i wouldn't recommend the coral beauty if you are looking for fish that swim up in the main view my CB is very shy and only swims in my live rock.

Most dwarf angels are rock dwellers. My potters is out and about a fair amount but can always be seen cruising through my rock work too. I agree every tank needs clowns. I agree on having a wrasse in the tank. Good pest control and by far some of the prettiest fish IMO :).

Royal grammas are beautiful but a bit shy. Mine comes out for food but that's about it lol.

Blennies have great personality too

Back
Top Bottom