Storm lightning.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeeamer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello

I apologise if this seems like a daft question but I am hoping someone can enlighten me. Your help is appreciated.

I am currently looking at new lighting for my reef; an upgrade to more programmable lighting. I love the idea of sunrises, sunsets and moon lighting but there is one topic I don't quite understand.

I know having wave makers etc are important in my tank to create unusual currents at certain times moving any stagnant water around.

However, why should a lightning storm help? What does this achieve?

I look forward to your replies.

Many thanks

Joeeamer said:
Hello

I apologise if this seems like a daft question but I am hoping someone can enlighten me. Your help is appreciated.

I am currently looking at new lighting for my reef; an upgrade to more programmable lighting. I love the idea of sunrises, sunsets and moon lighting but there is one topic I don't quite understand.

I know having wave makers etc are important in my tank to create unusual currents at certain times moving any stagnant water around.

However, why should a lightning storm help? What does this achieve?

I look forward to your replies.

Many thanks

Really its more of an ooh and ahh type of thing to replicate nature a little better for viewing. It serves no beneficial purpose as far as coral growth etc that i am aware of. After all its just flashes of light.

Schism said:
Really its more of an ooh and ahh type of thing to replicate nature a little better for viewing. It serves no beneficial purpose as far as coral growth etc that i am aware of. After all its just flashes of light.

+1 its just for you and your guests but its still cool :)

That's what I thought! I couldn't work it out! Thanks for your responses

Agreed. It's for the wow factor when you have guests over.

I have my light set on 20% chance at 1 a day. I like it and again it just for looks. It's kinda cool laying in bed and all of a sudden you start to see cloud cover, the tank gets darker and darker then the storm comes rolling in lol. Well... Not really but you get the point.

Convict2161 said:
Agreed. It's for the wow factor when you have guests over.

I have my light set on 20% chance at 1 a day. I like it and again it just for looks. It's kinda cool laying in bed and all of a sudden you start to see cloud cover, the tank gets darker and darker then the storm comes rolling in lol. Well... Not really but you get the point.

My lfs has speakers hooked up when it happens you start hearing rain and thunder... First time I came in after they hooked it up I coulda swore it started storming. Went to roll my Windows up on my car to notice it was still bright and sunny outside lmao :D

Mrc8858 said:
My lfs has speakers hooked up when it happens you start hearing rain and thunder... First time I came in after they hooked it up I coulda swore it started storming. Went to roll my Windows up on my car to notice it was still bright and sunny outside lmao :D

Oh wow!! That gives me an idea lol.

That's so cool :) i wish our lfs had displays like that!!

Oh wow that would be sweet. I might have to try that for my next build.

Back
Top Bottom