stupid beginner frag question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forenpa1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
when placing frags into a tank are you suppose to just glue the disk the frag is on onto your live rock or is there a way to remove the frag from the disk and glue the frag directly on to the live rock ? For example I have some frog spawn frags that are on discs do I just wedge the bottom of the disk into a crevice in the live rock, or do I use putty and glue it in place or do I remove the disk and glue the frag itself onto the live rock

You can do pretty much any of the above, just get coral glue instead of the putty

How do you know whether the Glue is safe or not for your tank?

If you have a Dollar Tree in your area they sell Super Glue Gel. Two tubes for a buck. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396311842.048997.jpg

Yes. When you put it on the bottom of the frag let it start to air dry for about 20 seconds then place it in the rock in the tank and hold it for 30 seconds. It will fully cure in about 48 hours.

You can actually use the gel directly in the tank. Doesn't need air to cure. Will actually solidify in saltwater rather quickly. Glob it on and press frag on.

When gluing corals try not to get it on exposed flesh. Try for underside dead skeleton areas.

I use it for fragging and "tack welding" plugs in place on rock work.

Back
Top Bottom