sump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmilkman

Aquarium Advice Activist
What size sump is needed for a 90 gallon tank. Also how difficult is it to drill a glass tank?

I have a 20g regular tank for my sump on my 90g. It is only a fish only system though so its just filter sock in first compartment, skimmer in the middle and return pump on the end.

I am planning fish and live rock for mine. I have a 20 in my garage that I was going to use as a qt tank but can use as a sump instead. I also have a 45 gallon corner tank that will be set up with fish and live rock. Been researching a couple of months now hoping I am not getting in over my head with 2 tanks at once. Never actually owned any kind of tank until a couple months ago

Just go slow and be cautious. Nothing good happens in saltwater quickly. lol
I have like 8 sw tanks running right now, so its def possible, just takes dedication and work to keep multiple tanks running healthy.

You can make partitions in the 20g tank with acrylic or glass panels, just silicone them into place, pretty easy. There are a ton of people on this site that can help if you run into questions. :)

Thanks. I am looking forward to getting them up and running but I am trying to go slow. I feel like a kid at Christmas lol.

Back
Top Bottom