sump water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plumbing up my sump this weekend...I want to add a way to do my water changes........can someone help me with the plumbing....
pictures would help

If this is going to be a big sump you could add a bulkhead with a ball valve and some hose running to a drain. Open the valve and drain how ever much water out of the sump that you want and then fill it back up with fresh saltwater. If you have a storage container close you could put apump in the fresh saltwater tub and plumb back to the sump to refill. No lifting.

If your sump is fairly small you could just get a decent powerhead and some 1/4" tubing and pump the water into a bucket and then do the reverse of pumping the clean saltwater back into the sump with the powerhead from a bucket.

fishfreek said:
If this is going to be a big sump you could add a bulkhead with a ball valve and some hose running to a drain. Open the valve and drain how ever much water out of the sump that you want and then fill it back up with fresh saltwater. If you have a storage container close you could put apump in the fresh saltwater tub and plumb back to the sump to refill. No lifting.

If your sump is fairly small you could just get a decent powerhead and some 1/4" tubing and pump the water into a bucket and then do the reverse of pumping the clean saltwater back into the sump with the powerhead from a bucket.
Thanks I thinkI will do the powerhead trick.......Yhanks

Back
Top Bottom