Sumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrkburton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How much should I expect to pay for a decent sump and everything to get it connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For a 55 gallon tank.

It's a lot cheaper to build one yourself! I'm sure that's what most people do. They are incredibly expensive through a retailer. Also, a 55 isn't that large. So, you would ideally aim for a tank at least held that size for a sump. I know people that run a 20 long for a sump on their 55 gallon. You can pick up a 20 long for 15 bucks and buy silicone and have a glass shop cut the prices of glass and you are good to go! I did this and the total was about 40$ ! Still running good.

Or get you a tank, then get one of these kits off ebay...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405264576.341896.jpg. Seems like a pretty good deal. Lots better then 250.00 on a store bought sump. I also haven't found a lot of good reviews on the store bought sumps

I've had a few store bought sumps and they do make life alot easier. lol

You can get a sump off amazon for a 55g for less than $200.

You can also get a kit like posted above and use a petco dollar special tank. If you want to save a few bucks that is. me, I use both premades and homemades and they work pretty much the same way.

Thanks for the replies. New to this so I am needing all the help I can get. Doing a lot of research online.

If you make your own there are lots of videos on you tube

Back
Top Bottom