Sunlight or t5?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank already received sunlight from 8a.m to 6p.m because my tank placed beside the window.. Should i open my light at night for 6more hours? Is there any problem because my tank already received more than 15 hours of light? How should i manage?

So? What r u trying to suggest? Sorry i'm new in sw hobbyist..

sunlight = inconsistent

remember in nature the sun has the same inconsistancy as it does around your house. i would think as logn as other houses or you own house don't put shadows o nthe window near your tank it should be somewhat fine.

there is a member on here that has a natural sunlite 700 gallon reef, but he also has T5 supplements, you could always ask him how he does it

Ok thnks.. How can i ask him? Can u ask him for me? I really want to know because i'm worried if my coral have a less time to rest and at last it going to be unhealthy.. Huhss...

As a beginner I would strongly advise not to go down the sunlight route. Looking after saltwater tanks can be quite demanding at times without adding another potential source of problems. By all means after you have mastered a tank with artificial lighting and you fancy a challenge go for it but I think this experience will only put you off for good. Don't get me wrong it can be done but I'd take one step at a time. Good luck!

Ok thnks.. How can i ask him? Can u ask him for me? I really want to know because i'm worried if my coral have a less time to rest and at last it going to be unhealthy.. Huhss...

he has a thread in the member showcase secton of the boards, its called "Matt's 700 Gallon Natural Sunlight System"

Back
Top Bottom