supplemental lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

egrape

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a ten gallon tank with a custom built
reefbrite xho double output 50/50 led light. it's what my lfs suggested. I eventually want to get a clam and I am afraid this light won't be enough. does anyone have any suggestions? all the stuff I have has been growing nicely, but it's all like zoas and frogspawn and such. I just want to have optimum conditions for this clam :)

A couple of them I would think. I would have to check PAR numbers to be sure, but a single T5 lamp isn't strong enough for a clam.

okay! so then if I get another should I get another half daylight half blue? does color affect par? I am a little clueless haha. and would that fry zoas and such?

Well, proper acclimation is the key, but you are wanting to put a very high light creature with moderate light corals. If the zoas are doing well under a single one, I would imagine a long acclimation to double the amount of light to be necessary.
Generally color effects PAR, but On the LED units I have, I've noticed that The PAR is about the same with the whites and blues. Again, not sure without a meter.

thanks, that was just the info I was looking for!

Back
Top Bottom