Sweet Deal so I jumped!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
So im heading out to pick up a very sweet deal, noticed the ad in the paper today for a 33G tank, I thought ok cool call and see what they want for it as im looking for a tank I can use for a Refugium in the future.

So I call and the deal sounds to good to be true...

33G Long tank---Ok Perfect I need a tank obviously

Also...

12lbs Live Rock
3 inches of white sand
t5 coralife light canopy
the actinic blue light
XP1 filter canister with media
Power Head
half bucket of reef salt
Full Tests Kits

And the price is stupid low..and you ask why? just as I did...because there moving and need it gone ASAP, only catch is its about an hour drive from my house so whats the best way to transport the live rock? I was thinking taking my big 10g rubber maid container and putting the rock and some water in there and using 5G buckets to save as much water as I can.

you got it! the rubbermade totes were made just for aquarium freaks. like you said save what water you can, cover the rocks, leave the sand alone don't disturb it anymore than necessary. Get it home and set her up. you can keep things alive in the totes if you need to by dropping a heater and powerhead in it.

nothing better than being first to find someone needing to get rid of stuff you want

Its perfect 2 because I have a spare heater here at home and my wife ordered a small Powerhead from work a few weeks ago that arrived today :D

Think tonight because of the time and driving I will get home and throw the heater and PH into the rubber maid and call it a night.

Sounds like the LR has been in the tank for a year, she sold her fish a few months back but hasnt been able to get rid of the tank and stuff. Also some she mentioned a few soft corals in another tank are mine if I want, I dont know we will see what they look like.

Pictures tommorow I hope...

got the tank!

Needs some work, the sides and back are pretty dirty with build up so I think I will scrap them in the morning, the tank was dry when I got there and has been empty for about a week, the live looks great, it has feather dusters all through it and its great some great purple aglae. Tank is actually 38 US Gal so good size, also has the T5 Light canopy with moonlight LEDS.

Going to the LFS in the morning for a stand, sand, GFI surge protector bar and a larger heater.

Build thread to come soon :D

Back
Top Bottom