T5 lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1totten1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently had to replace my t5 lighting system due to a burnt out ballast. The older light had a thin peice of plexiglas to protect the bulbs, but my new one does not. I put a peice of glass on the tank and the light sits directly on that. Is this ok? My tank is a 65 gallon 18" deep. 4' long. The t5 is a 4' 4 bulb unit with two marine glow and two power glow bulbs. I keep mushrooms and a leather of some sort (lol) and two carpets that stay at the bottom of the tank and the common tangs and clown... Blah blah. My question is will the light do it's job even if it shines threw glass?

it will do the job for low light leathers yes.

you didn't need to replace the whole fixture if your ballast burnt out, you can go to your local electrical supplyer and purchase a phillis advanced centium for around $30-$40

Ya I know but the new fixture only cost me 60 used. Was a good deal. How about the carpets. I understand they need a fare amount of light to keep their colour?

Back
Top Bottom