T5 reflector question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgraz

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my light Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting. My tank is a 44 gal corner pentagon. When I started this hobby was not sure which way I was gonna go and now of course im wanting to add some types of coral. Im told the light as is would support mushrooms and LPS. I have also been told that adding individul reflectors would increase my options. The light as is has only one reflector for all bulbs. I have been searching the web and have found zero reflectors for an 18 in bulb. Anyone know of any options. Should I just upgrade the light. I really dont have a ton of money to work with, If i get longer reflectors are the easy to cut down and add clips. Thanks in advance for your help
Graz

are you sure you can fit individual reflectors in that fixture? are the lamps far enough apart?
you can buy 48" reflectors and cut them to fit. i would just screw them to the underside of the fixture above the lamps, instead of using the clips.

i would want a different fixture. how about looking for a used one?
you could put a single 250 watt halide over that tank and it would solve your problems.

Thx. I'm prob gonna go with new fixture maybe delegate this to a 10gal in the future. It seems like wherever I have tried to save money I end up spending more in the end. I should have gotten the mh to start with. I was pretty sure coral was gonna be added. Oh well. Thanks for the help
Graz

There is a couple of things to look for when you go for MH make sure it has a fan or you can put a fan on your tank someway. The do sell fans that actually clip on the tank. Then the bulbs make sure they will work well with the ballast, I got an off name brand of bulb and when it came on it took forever to power up fully.

Back
Top Bottom