taking the next step; Adding corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
What preperations should I take before during and after adding corals to my biocube 29.i have a reefmaster kit and various additives for reefs that came with my tank. I just need to know how and when to use them! Im probly picking up this weekend from a buddy, 2 corals.

Radioactive dragon eyes - frag
Ricordea mushroom

They should do perfect in my tank and am told they are pretty hardy/easy corals (no corals are easy I know lol )

Any suggestions

Im attatching a pic of my tank..any suggestions where to put them? I have ideas where they will go let me know if it will work!
My tank is also very young just so you know!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131025_002135.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131025_002135.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 63
You can place both of those wherever you want. you may need to adjust depending on flow.

dont go dosing a bunch of stuff you dont test for. regular water changes will replenish anything you need unless you get a ton more coral. what do you mean when you say your tank is young, but came with additives? did you buy someones set up or was it a package deal from your lfs? zoas and rics are pretty **** resilient, you'll be fine!

Sorry, I bought it on CL from a guy who retired from his saltwater hobby! He used to have a reef setup in the tank. So I have all kinds of reef Chem's. That came with it.
So your saying I don't have to worry about anything for a long while when I get more corals? The salt adds the trace minerals for them right? And by young I mean just out of my cycle..I figured Id mention it because I know some corals need a very well established tank.

So my weekly water changes will replenish what they need? I don't want to add anything I don't have too!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131025_015622.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131025_015622.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 62
if the guy had a reef setup and you running the same filtration you should be fine
check your parameters periodically

Back
Top Bottom