Tang Question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there any tangs that will go with shrimp and crabs. Such as the naso, yellow, salfin, or anyother kind of tang ?

Tangs are herbivorous. As Hara said, I think you'd be OK with any of them. Some tangs get really large though so be sure you have enough tank to accomodate them as adults.

What are the dimentions of the tank?

Ideally tangs should have good amount of swimming room. A 105 gal tank should be fine for a tang or two.

I dno about easy to keep, but I think a small yellow tang and a medium naso or pacific blue would be ok together

Naso's need alot of swimming room, as in left to right, right to left stuff :)

i have an old aquarium book that says you can not have tangs with inverts it also shows you how to set up a saltwater aqu with ugf :roll:

well this website says you can, and these other people say yes, but thanks for the heads up, i make sure i keep an eye on them.

gt i think tangs are reef safe it was a very old book which is why the ugf was recommended i think the only real problem with the tang is having a tank big enough and not mixing them with their own kind.

introduce them at the same time. Their bodyshape is similar and you can expect some scuffling for awhile.

i had a pacific blue tang and a yellow tang that didn't get along well enough.. lucky they didn't have those spines... i had to get rid of the blue tang..

together?? i mean they are both of similar shape.. there's always a chance for fighting.. try to go for fishes that are different in shape and size.. i think you can put them together though if you introduce them at the same time..

Back
Top Bottom