Tank conection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha okay. I was planning on getting a smaller tank anyway. I could build a stand at the same height. Id just have to figure out where to get a decent sized "U"

You could even get a little 1 gal hex tank from walmart, there made from acrilic, and have one flat edge on the bottom flat, like an underwater bridge between worlds haha

The tanks would have to be the same size otherwise the bigger one would overfill the smaller one.

Ohh...something to try in a few years then.
I think it'd be cool to get a big enough tank. And then get like a 3 gallon hex and put it inside the bigger tank and have shrimp in it.

Size not

The tanks would have to be the same size otherwise the bigger one would overfill the smaller one.

Size is not the problem, they have to be on the same level. Although too much difference would cause a problem.

I would use a sump, so when you had to drain the system the extra water in the tube would have some where to go. Depending on the system you could control the flow with a ball valve so the fish could swim against the current.

What would have happened if some one told the Wright brothers that their dream was a "pipe" dream?

you know, I went to that website, and now I think it would be cool to DIY a tank that was in the shape of an "L" to fit in a corner. You would have to fuse 2 tanks together.

you know, I went to that website, and now I think it would be cool to DIY a tank that was in the shape of an "L" to fit in a corner. You would have to fuse 2 tanks together.

That would almost be easier then combining tanks with a tube. Would require precisce measurements, alot glass cutting, some caulk and you'd be good.

The lighting could be a little tricky though.

Instead of a tube the tanks side by side and two holes that match up and glue it

I'm really new to the hobby, but has anyone tried the bottomless tank pairing? I know you're talking a out side by side here.

Its generally not advisable to go for depth over surface space. Because the gas exchange wouldn't be enough for that many galleons.

This is my tank...of my dreams

Attachments

• image-1024161901.jpg
    image-1024161901.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom