Tank Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moejoephd

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well you guys all remeber when my all my fish bit the dust in that freak incident with the activated carbon and what not, my question is, with one fish in there right now, ("lenny" the blenny) and about 13 crabs, will my tank remain cycled or will all the bacteria die off in the tank because the fish load decrease dramatically? On 2 occasions my tank got all cloudy for about a week then cleared up again, being because i did a reall deep clean and probably crashed the cycle and the other time my heater heated the water to about 90 and that seemed to crash it agian but anywho, Will my tank remain cycled even though I dont really have a fish load in there anymore? Just in case ya forgot its a 100gallon tank, and all my amonia nitrate nitrites are undetectable.

ah yea i also have some root looking stuff that seems to be coming out of my live rock and going in the substrate, i only have about 2 pounds in there, dont laugh thats all i could afford lol, i actually got about 3 anenomes on it, and some unidentified polyps but anyways does anyone know what that stuff "growing" out of the LR is??

With and incident like that you may notice a spike in ammonia. In any event that a crash occurs I would wait a few weeks before adding anything. This time will allow the tank to stabalize. When that spike settles down, you should be able to qt another fish.
here is a site for common hitchikers http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq

Back
Top Bottom