Tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently spoke to allot of members in ref to changing over my hang on filters to a wet and dry, for almost a month now I showed ammonia but no nitrites so I was confused weather this was a false reading but now I have nitrites so its safe to say because of the new filter add on my tank is gong into a cycle
Is there anything I can do to speed this up ,for the first month I had .25 amonnia and no nitrites now I show .25 nitrites ,I've done some water changes which seem to help the nitrites but nothing for the ammonia so I've been adding some prime every three to four days to de tox the ammonia and nitrities for the fish
I was told changing the water will slow down the cycling so I don't know if theres anything I can do other then sit tight and play the waiting game

theres not much thats u can do but sit tight. I would lay off the prime as it may counteract the cycle process. U may do a 5-10 percent water change every few days, but not to often because to often and this to will effect the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom