Tank is now here. Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
What all are you going to be housing in this beast? Is it going to be in the room it is pictured in? Playing acrade games and watching a shark swim around might be a tad epic.

It will be in this room. I am getting rid of a poker table and roulette table and craps table that are pushed over to the left of the room. Also the tank is not set up so the stand is in three pieces not to mention all the components and the canopy. When everything is finished it will b in the middle of the floor and u will be able to walk around the entire tank. I will have a fooseball table on one side and the flat screen and video games on the other I will send pics as soon as it is finished so u can see what it looks like in the room. Should be nice. I will be putting sharks in it with a few tank mates. Bamboo Epulatte something like those and possibly a stingray. Maybe some tangs as tank mates

gafights said:
It will be in this room. I am getting rid of a poker table and roulette table and craps table that are pushed over to the left of the room. Also the tank is not set up so the stand is in three pieces not to mention all the components and the canopy. When everything is finished it will b in the middle of the floor and u will be able to walk around the entire tank. I will have a fooseball table on one side and the flat screen and video games on the other I will send pics as soon as it is finished so u can see what it looks like in the room. Should be nice. I will be putting sharks in it with a few tank mates. Bamboo Epulatte something like those and possibly a stingray. Maybe some tangs as tank mates

Do you mind me asking what your career choice was cause I think I need to make a change in my life lol

Do you mind me asking what your career choice was cause I think I need to make a change in my life lol

I do a few things. I gm a car dealership. Own a detail company that does subcontract labor through car dealerships (Actually Clean). Own a Promotional Company that promotes professional boxing. (GeorgiaBoxingChampionship.com SheaBaileyPromotions.com FightNightProductions.com ) I sold a trucking company not long ago as well that I owned. Most of everything that I make comes through the Auto industry though.

gafights said:
I do a few things. I gm a car dealership. Own a detail company that does subcontract labor through car dealerships (Actually Clean). Own a Promotional Company that promotes professional boxing. (GeorgiaBoxingChampionship.com SheaBaileyPromotions.com FightNightProductions.com ) I sold a trucking company not long ago as well that I owned. Most of everything that I make comes through the Auto industry though.

WOW.... I bet you got some stories lol.. would love to sit down have a beer with you and hear em haha

So how much rock are you putting in this monster? (oops better watch using that word haha)

So how much rock are you putting in this monster? (oops better watch using that word haha)

No live rock. I am trying to find a company who will create a faux live rock cover for the over flow box in the middle of the tank. I think I am going to need about a 800lbs of live sand. Maybe more. we will see.

Hearing these numbers for a tank is just awesome :) did you happen to build your house around this plan in the future or did you have to reinforce your floor cause I can't imagine a standard floor is gonna hold that lol

Sounds totally amazing, I can't wait to see the pictures you'll be posting soon!

I was going to put in on the second level but the reinforcment would have affected the room below it which is a mat room (for judo workouts and wrestling) and the mat I have down there is custom designed to fit every corner in the room. I was afraid I would have damaged or had to change it somehow and those things cost about 8k for the size that I have. It would have been a pain in the ***. So I decided against it.

I could be a live in nanny to care for fish and help with upkeep!

I might. I work all the time so I have a guy that is going to clean and do water changes monthly so I dont have to mess with it. I dont have much time because of my schedule to do it. I need someone that can do it all though. Yard person, maintence, aquarium and a pool person which will be in a few months I think. That way I dont have to hire a seperate person for each thing. That would save me some money. LOL

gafights said:
I might. I work all the time so I have a guy that is going to clean and do water changes monthly so I dont have to mess with it. I dont have much time because of my schedule to do it. I need someone that can do it all though. Yard person, maintence, aquarium and a pool person which will be in a few months I think. That way I dont have to hire a seperate person for each thing. That would save me some money. LOL

So where do you live at again? :) lol

I'm subscribed to this build! What kind of sharks are you thinking?

Eppulatte, Bamboo something along those lines. I would like to get a white tip but the tank is not big enough for long term. If I can get an exact time line on the bigger one I want to build I might get a white tip but I want to be sure that I can get the bigger inclosure to house it properly. I also thought about a short tailed nurse shark. If you guys have any other ideas please let me know. I have not purchased anyting yet so its wide open.

I plan on houseing around two sharks and a stingray (smaller breed). Maybe some blue tangs or some tank mates that will get along with the shark.

The acrylic guys who are buffing out my tank cancels on me and have to reschedule so I will hopefully be able to send pics by Friday. Should be up and finished on Friday August 10 or sooner.

gafights said:
I plan on houseing around two sharks and a stingray (smaller breed). Maybe some blue tangs or some tank mates that will get along with the shark.

You've gotta get a blonde naso tang they are absolutely gorgeous maybe even an Achilles with that size tank :)

I say a clown trigger too. Unbelievable lookin fish. May have to find big one tho if have sharks in tank.

NOOOOO CLOWN TRIGGER!!!!!!!! Huge nono with sharks and rays. They'll pick on them and kill them. NOT a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom