Tank start up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devo56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just added all my live rock to my tank and it's really cloudy should i keep my power heads on or turn them off? I have the salt already mixed into the water

turn power heads on. yep, some sort of mechanical filtration would be helpful here also. filter floss in a HOB or cannister.

I have my canister filter running and both power heads how long does it usually take to clear up

Ok thanks should I throw some raw shrimp in now to start the cycle or wait till the water clears ?

how big is your tank, I think its recommended 1 shrimp for about every 30g. I added too much and it almost stalled my cycle

2 shrimps should be good enough then. If you want to have more control over cycling your tank, I would use the ammonia dosing instead. This method allows you to control how much ammonia is released into the water. With the shrimp, its good also, but you cant control much since you can't really calculate how much ammonia is release from the shrimps each day

Just tested the water
Ph- 8.0
Ammonia between 0-0.25
nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 0

ammonia from like a grocery store and much do u put in per gallon ? Thank so much for ur help

Back
Top Bottom