Tank starting to cycle. Some q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I posted about my 29g tank a few weeks ago with the water levels out of wack, ammonia at 8, Nitrite at 10 and Nitrate at 200 that was due to the 35lbs of live rock I added, things are fianlly starting to look good. Ammonia <0.25, Nitrite 4 and Nitrate 40, PH holding at 7.8. My question is, Does anything look wrong in the pic as far as how the powerheads are positioned and I guess that's algea on the corners growing. Should I try to clean it off or wait till i'm able to add some cleaners in there. I only turned the lights on to take the pic. Otherwise it's off till I add fish and verts.

Here's the pics

Attachments

• 100_0098.jpg
    100_0098.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_0099.jpg
    100_0099.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 109
I have my jets facing at each other to kinda make a vortex. Seems to be working for water circulation.

Looks very nice! Wait til the coralline starts growing, those rocks are gorgeous.

One thing you will want to do is make sure what ever you are going to clean the sides of your tank with can get between the glass and the rocks. If you can try to keep ahead of the algae so it doesn't get a foot hold. I like the rocks and how they are stacked.

Thanks girls! Any other thoughts or opinions are much appreciated.

I think the power head issue is all about what you feel is best. I have mine on opposite sides of the tank but it's to much so one of them is angled up. It still allows for no dead spots and helps oxygenate the surface of the water so it's win win. The rock does look beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom