Tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reef isn't really any harder. Just needs better lighting and you need to keep nutrients a little lower. Soft corals are very undemanding in general and some LPS are just as easy.

I've not tried a Harlequin yet so I can't testify but i had thought you can freeze Asterina stars and feed those to supplement. I was under the impression the starfish for food didn't necessarily need to be live. Not trying to hijack thread lol.

Everything I've read indicates they need live stars. Some will accept severed limbs but not all.
Here's a thought. In a sump, grow asterinas. Get a few in the sump and provide them plenty to eat. That should keep you from running out.

Everything I've read indicates they need live stars. Some will accept severed limbs but not all.
Here's a thought. In a sump, grow asterinas. Get a few in the sump and provide them plenty to eat. That should keep you from running out.

Yep. Even throw one in the main tank and after they eat some rotate a new one in. Let the first one regenerate its limb

Back
Top Bottom