tap water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi any one has advice or opinions on tap? I was wondering if you can use conditioner for marine fish like you can use for freshwater. I don't have a ro/di unit yet planning to get one for under sink I have filter under sink already multi pur drinking water system. If I get ro/di witch one is good and size. Something that u can turn off when I don't use it.

Depends on how pure your tap water is. Another problem is that some areas add chemicals to tap water.

There are plenty of portal systems.

Size is gonna depend on your tank size and how much water you will be making. Units are sized in gpd or gallons per day

As a direct answer I wouldn't risk using tap water and wait until you get an Ro system

Chbix thanks planning on it ro/di first want something easy to install and disconect when not using it. My filter under sink is multi pure it uses carbon fliter attached to countertop easy install Only one unit. Heard ro unit is more than one unit,

Typically they come in 3, 4 or 5 stage units.

As far ad hookup. You can get attachments for your faucet, a standard hose connection and some can be plumbed into existing pipes but those are a bit more permanent.

Chbix thanks look at one to use only when needed.

Hi I saw a ro/di unit on amazon it a portable unit what anyone think about it, any one also has a good inexpensive unit they own and like and you still need to use water conditioner even your making water from the ro/di system.

I work for a large water municipality and it is rated in the top tier of municipalities in the country and I still would not use it in my reef. I have an article in the SW articles section about tap water that will explain why I think that way.

Back
Top Bottom