Tap water and conditioner for start cycle???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr saltwater tank did a test on this and adding the conditioners increases the tds of the water so no, use at least ro water but ro/di id best

So my friend I did the tank for put a catfish in the tank. I told him there was no way that his tank cycled. But he is telling me all the test were good i cant see this being right.

Very, very unlikely unless some kind of BB product was added. They say readings are "good"...what are they exactly for the last couple days? Zero ammonia and zero nitrites with elevated nitrates is a good sign.

So my friend had gotten feeder fish(killies) for his tank. They are very small fish. So this is what happened. He never blocked off the u shape hole to the left.

image-3113218758.jpg

So they went into the drain. Through the piping.

image-878033854.jpg

Into the filter sock and caused it to clog and overflow. He was wondering where all the water went and why his return pump was sucking air. He was like dam this thing evaporates really quick. Then His daughter goes into her room that is directly under where the tank is and she was like daddy I think the ceiling is going to collapse. Now he has to replace some Sheetrock and paint. Lol. That u shape hole is now closed off so that will not happen again.

Back
Top Bottom