Temporary hob for reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I’m in college and will be home for the summer and am working a 20 long with a aquaclear 70 hob because I will be moving into a different house (luckily my college house is only a few miles from my actual house) and I don’t want to have it plumbed since it would be harder to move. So for about 3 months I’ll be having the hob and leaning towards a skimmer also but not sure yet.
What should I be running in the HOB besides chemi pure? Just a traditional sponge or are there any better options? I’ll be growing some macro in the main display to pull nutrients out and because I think it looks cool and will probably end up dosing kalkwasser if needed.

Thanks in advance.

What fish do you have? Heavy feeding might be an issue. But doing a couple smaller feedings instead of one big one might be better. Also always have Nassarius Snails to help clean up food leftovers.

I have always had a small/light amount of fish as mostly nanos, but always running a hob, and it works really well for me. Lots of LR. Also I just use a glob of Chaeto in the main area and it worked really well. Sometimes it gets out of its corner I would use a chop stick or the forceps and push it back in. Mostly I always use Purigen.

Back
Top Bottom