Test Tubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I know there are no stupid questions, but this one really pushes the envelope . . .

Is it okay to clean my test tubes in tap water afer finishing a test, and then dry them well before their next use (which is usually 48 hours later)?

My DI filter can only process about 50 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced, and they're expensive, so I'm trying to only use my DI water for tank purposes. So, can test tubes be cleaned in tap water if they have pleanty of time to dry out??

Just wondering . . .

Todd

Is it okay to clean my test tubes in tap water afer finishing a test, and then dry them well before their next use (which is usually 48 hours later)?

That's what I do - never thought of using RO/DI. :)

HTH!

BLESS YOU, Teri!! :D

I'm glad you do it too! I was so afraid that people would be all like, "no don't ever wash your test tubes in tap water!"

Whew!

Todd

I use tap water as well. Just add some tank water to the tube prior to doing a new test, shake it well and then dump it out. Then add the real sample amount needed for your new test.

Cheers
Steve

When you turn the tubes upside down, does all of the water run out or does it bead on the side? If it beads that means there are particles stuck on the glass meaning that it isn't perfectly clean. If all of the water runs out that means that it is clean.

Back
Top Bottom