Testing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have been testing with api for calcium and kh. I won a Hannah checker in a raffle but I'm not sure if I'm using it right the syringes confuse me I don't know if I'm doing it right. My Hannah checker and my api kit differ a lot. I'm reading 380 with api and 460 with Hannah? I have been dosing calcium trying to get from 380 to 440 but no matter how much I dose it won't go above 380/400 I dont have to much sps so no reason why it shouldn't raise? Can some one explain how to properly use the syringes please?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think sniper Hank uses (or has used) the Hannah cal tester, try shooting him a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I got it now. I talked to the guy at my lfs. I'll check the vid to be sure. I was just confused on the syringes. The other thing I don't like is the reagent packets get reagent caught in the corners but I was able to peel the packet down the sides on my second test attempt to be sure to get 99% of the reagent. Now I think I got it down it said 447 on my second test which seems more like what I feel is in my system. It still differs drastically from api but everyone says these Hanna checkers are on point so I'm confident it's correct. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate all the help over the past year. Both of you and a few others Mr x as well don't even know how much you've helped me out. I'm almost a year in and I have gained a wealth of knowledge about the hobby. My last big bang is the calcium reactor I just bought but I don't plan on integrating it for a while I still need to save some$ first. While I'm talking about it do rather of you know what exact model this Korilla is by chance? I bought it used and want to replace the lid for the reactor with one that has a ph probe holder.

Here it is.

Attachments

• 1417399638681.jpg
    1417399638681.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom