Testing kit suggestions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish love

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I want to set up a 29 gallon saltwater aquarium within the next year. I am looking at testing kits and have seen so many suggestions. What do you use? I am looking for a kit that tests everything needed for a saltwater reef. I am deciding on what I want in there. Polyps, mushrooms, or toadstools. I will have to check at my LFS to see what else they have then come back and research on them.

So, suggestions? :)

API Master Kit is what I use, and is the preferred type on here i believe.

I use Salifert test kits. They are a bit more expensive than some others, but they are extremely accurate and easy to read the results.

For the basics I usually use the API liquid test kits. I use salifert tests for accuracy if I'm unsure with the API. The saliferts as mentioned are more $$ and they don't sell a kit so you have to buy them separately.

But for a startup the API should do you fine. I've been over the last few months picking up saliferts slowly as not to blow a huge wad of $$ all at once. :)

Same, main ones you need after you have cycled etc is Salifert for Phosphate and Nitrate... keep them at zero and all is good

Back
Top Bottom