Testing my new FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KreativJustin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I have setup a 55 Gallon FOWLR Tank, however I only have the LR right now. I have 6lbs of live rock, and about 15lbs of dead rock. The live rock came with some nice little organisms already and some coralline algae.

However, when I setup the tank, the salinity was right at the reef salinity, and dropped down to about 1.023 yesterday. I tested it today, and it appears to be @ 1.028, which appears to be really high. What just happened? Nothing has happened to the tank by my hands since yesterday.

Should I be worried, or just replace water? I Just got my Marine Master Kit in the mail, and I'm getting ready to test it. I will post results when I get them.

--- Testing Results ---
ph: 8.2
ammonia: .25-.5
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10-20

This is the 'API Saltwater Master Test Kit' and is all checked by color, so if it has a range, it's because the color was very similar to both numbers. :)

Ok, so I have setup a 55 Gallon FOWLR Tank, however I only have the LR right now. I have 6lbs of live rock, and about 15lbs of dead rock. The live rock came with some nice little organisms already and some coralline algae.

However, when I setup the tank, the salinity was right at the reef salinity, and dropped down to about 1.023 yesterday. I tested it today, and it appears to be @ 1.028, which appears to be really high. What just happened? Nothing has happened to the tank by my hands since yesterday.

Should I be worried, or just replace water? I Just got my Marine Master Kit in the mail, and I'm getting ready to test it. I will post results when I get them.

--- Testing Results ---
ph: 8.2
ammonia: .25-.5
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10-20

This is the 'API Saltwater Master Test Kit' and is all checked by color, so if it has a range, it's because the color was very similar to both numbers. :)

-- Double Checked --

I double checked the Salinity with the Hydrometer and it is reading 1.024 like yesterday.. what just happened? Bubbles in the tester maybe?

Back
Top Bottom