Thinking about a flame angel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am trying to decide if I should get a flame angel for my reef tank.
I don't have any corals in the aquarium yet and the only thing holding me back is nipping at corals.
I wanted to ask how many of you have a flame angel in their reef tank, and if it (your flame angel, not flames in general) does, or doesn't nip at corals.

i had 2, neither of which nipped at corals. keeping them on a highly-nutritious diet usually will help to curb their taste for corals.

It just depends on personality.... some will be the best angel that doesn't bother anything but others can nip on corals. If it actually did nip at the corals, the flame angel wouldn't destroy them... itll just taste test them now and again.

I have a flame angel in my reef he never nips my corals
img_2791841_0_88c71a6f34d74acaabe9639b62d11792.jpg

and I have a coral beauty in my other reef he don't nip either

img_2791841_1_2a3b74cfe6cd8da2542367e539768b24.jpg

I just got a flame about 2 weeks ago, beautiful fish, and he hasn't nipped at my zoas at all. Shows absolutely no interest in them. Having said that, I only have one medium sized colony in my tank.

from everyone's experience.... do you think a flame angel would survive against a bunch of large tangs in a 10ft long tank? have at the moment a yellow tang, hippo tang, chocolate tang, vampire tang, lopezi tang and a tomini tang lol.... so a few tangs but I love the flame angel but always afraid it would get eaten lol

I had my flames in with a yellow, purple, Lt tang at some point, never bothered him. Also its worth noting i had a Niger trigger in there as well

yep. and the flame was the fish going into the tank on both occasions. the worst i seen was the purple following the flame around for about 20 minutes. but never any contact.

It's nice to not gripe at someone with tangs in a too small tank! Sounds deluxe at 10'. The flame should be no problem, there has been some collection problems with them as of late.

I thought I remembered that. I was lucky and mine is over 10 years old now.
He fights constantly with the other dwarf angels but nobody gets hurt, most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom