Thinking about a frag tank, got questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bduni50

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I have a 20 long and an ac50 in the garage. Was thinking about setting up a frag tank to off set the cost of being an addicted reefer..lol. Anyway I was going to get a tritonics 120 dim. For lighting and some power heads for flow. Really don't want to mess with a sump or any of that stuff. Probably will be just doing Zoe's. They seem to sell quick in my area. And some lps (torch, FS, hammers). Maybe acans. Not going to mess with sps.

Any thoughts or advise would be great. Not finding a lot of info on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like your on the right path, couple recommendations I would make
1. Go bare bottom and higher flow, makes it easy to remove any detritus and should keep it suspended so the filter can pull it out.
2. Use egg rate and make your frag rack yourself, you may want to adjust the height and that's easier if you make your own rack.
3. A 6 line wrasse makes the perfect frag tank fish IMO, they'll eat most pests that could become an issue.

Other than that I think you've got the right idea, really not that hard.

Nice thanks, any need for LR?

Figure if I have a wrasse may need some filtration

I'm just looking to offset the price of my display tank. I plan to buy one or two really great pieces and sale them. If I build up from there great.

Back
Top Bottom