Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Update

Live rock came in today.. I washed it and broke some pieces because they were a bit big. Overall great purchase, 27lbs goes a long way lol. It's still cloudy ( it wasnt until I moved the sand when adding the rock) so I will get pics after.. There's a pretty good amount of them from the first thing I did to now.

Also, PLEASE give me your opinion on my rock. It's my first time aquascaping something like this and I want it to be great, or at least good. Right now its a little basic, but my family likes it. I'm still not sure, I like the cove look.

Nice, but dont you mean base rock? Not live. Also, howd you break it? Barbaric throwing it? Hahaha! I plan on kind of leaning my rocks up, and making a sort of cave front and center, but thats just me! :) and ya, sponebob is a gangster haha

SleepsWithFish said:
You can keep the gramma if you want. Just keep it at five:) also, newyorksteelo has a great video on YouTube about aquascapeing with live rock. (he's like my idol when it comes to fish)
YouTube
Theres the link.

Thanks that was really helpful.. I moved the rocks around but it's too cloudy to see for now.. Gotta wait another hour now lol.

Gboy66 said:
Nice, but dont you mean base rock? Not live. Also, howd you break it? Barbaric throwing it? Hahaha! I plan on kind of leaning my rocks up, and making a sort of cave front and center, but thats just me! :) and ya, sponebob is a gangster haha

Ya I meant base lol I was talking about live rock the same time I was posting. I Broke it with a hammer, so kind of a classy barbaric way lol. Its just so hard to work in the tank without it getting cloudy and not being able to see. Oh well, this will keep me occupied until the cycle finishes.

SleepsWithFish said:
You can keep the gramma if you want. Just keep it at five:) also, newyorksteelo has a great video on YouTube about aquascapeing with live rock. (he's like my idol when it comes to fish)
YouTube
Theres the link.

Hey, I tried getting to it again and it won't open... Thanks though, I know what its called now.

Edit: I also found some amphipods while I was redoing the aquascape, yay!! I also think I like how it looks now, too cloudy to tell for sure but I did what newyorksteelo said, have little deadspots.

needmorecowbell said:
Ya I meant base lol I was talking about live rock the same time I was posting. I Broke it with a hammer, so kind of a classy barbaric way lol. Its just so hard to work in the tank without it getting cloudy and not being able to see. Oh well, this will keep me occupied until the cycle finishes.

Ya haha verrry classy:) hahah maybe use like tongs and move the rocks very slowly to decrease the cloudyness? I dunno! Haha oh and what are anthripods and dead spots? ^ id like to learn all the lingo haha. I know a bit about fw, but sw it very new to me :D

Gboy66 said:
Ya haha verrry classy:) hahah maybe use like tongs and move the rocks very slowly to decrease the cloudyness? I dunno! Haha oh and what are anthripods and dead spots? ^ id like to learn all the lingo haha. I know a bit about fw, but sw it very new to me :D

It couldnt have been done with tongs but it will be okay in 2-3 days. Amphipods are little crustaceans that eat detritus and dead spots are where the rock is on the sand. It isn't possible for much life to be under it. It explains it well in the video that was linked.

needmorecowbell said:
It couldnt have been done with tongs but it will be okay in 2-3 days. Amphipods are little crustaceans that eat detritus and dead spots are where the rock is on the sand. It isn't possible for much life to be under it. It explains it well in the video that was linked.

Lol the vid wouldnt open for me haha! Ill searcg the link tho

Yeah if you want some great saltwater tank channels, him and mrsaltwatertanktv are the best!!!

needmorecowbell said:
Ya It didn't for me either but it's pretty easy to find once you get on his channel.

Cool. Did you make the rock structure open, so there is enough water flow?

Ya it's pretty open, plenty of holes in the bottom and throughought, but Not like his at all. I kind of made a cove combined with an island because I couldnt curve it much and having space by the walls at the same time. But it is curved and has plenty of space for some coral :D

I think sunday it should be clear enough and I will post plenty of pics, maybe tomorrow but might still be cloudy

SleepsWithFish said:
Spanish...?:0

Haha no say it out loud. Boss-Uh-Nova. Its an awesome word!

¡Oy! ¡No es español! Español es muy divertido y interesante.

Haha oh ya im skilled ^ jk haha

George9 said:
I think it is Spanish, but I could be wrong.

Nooo! Look it up on a translator. If bossanova actually means somthing then the world is flat

Gboy66 said:
Nooo! Look it up on a translator. If bossanova actually means somthing then the world is flat

Bossa nova is like a spanishy beat, but that's what it means in drums. Not sure what the other meanings are (if there are any)

Sorry for getting off topic, I'm done now :)

Back
Top Bottom