Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to do a DIY led supplement strip. Its going to be 16" with uv green cyan and neutral white, I'm just looking for some more color out of my sps.

I think my birdsnest is still bleaching, I'm going to move it down even lower, which means even more epoxy lol.

Next Saturday I'm going to a fragswap in Ohio with my local reef club, it's going to be great, I'm hoping I get a green slimer and acropora secales. In also hoping i won't be broke..

My lfs never called back and it's been 3 days passed when they said they would. I guess they couldn't import the African peacock Midas Blenny. They said It would be a supermale. I probably should save the 80$ if they do call, but a frag sounds so much nicer :D I know, I know, I need more fish in the tank.

Can anyone tell me something I could do with my tank? Something to upgrade, a new project, etc? Im starting do get the DIY itch again.. I was thinking canopy, but I just don't know.. I like how it looks with the LEDs hanging and it being open. It would be easier to add additional lights though.

I just added the leds a few weeks ago and I didn'tt acclimate them very well. Bird nests don't need as much light as some Acros. The strip will be dimmable and its really just for supplement; red, green, uv, and cyan, with a neutral white or two.

I actually did a variation of an algae scrubber, the Xenia scrubber. I have a small thread on it.

Hehe maybe a DIY tank...

Maybe an ato, not sure. I definitely need more automation, I'm worried I will need someone to take care of my tank for vacation, which will be a week long. I already have an automatic feeder, but i haven't used in like 2 years lol.

Well, I'm not going to the frag swap, my parents aren't comfortable with me car pulling. They told me I could go to the lfs of my choice that day though. If the lfs that imported my Blenny doesn't call back, I'll go to my other lfs and buy the flame hawkfish.

I've decided I'm going to do a DIY ato. That should keep me occupied for a little bit. Should be about 30$ total.

Lol well see. I have a feeling I'm going to have some issues with bending the acrylic, I'm probably going to end up with it melting on my hands and me pulling my hair out.

I thought that would be fine but they said for some reason it isn't safe.. Who knows.. I might just splurge and buy a pre made float switch with hanger. It would make it really easy. It truly might be the easiest DIY project I've done yet. Just twist some wires and plug jt in.

Well I've noticed my Acro has started to encrust the the plug and it looks really cool. I'm excited to see it on the Rock, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later and then once it has a good base, it will grow more branches. I'm hoping to do a big frag session at around August, maybe September. I'll start selling some for maybe... Maybe another tank, I have to beg my parents.

It's weird how my parents don't want me to get another tank, It's giving me so much knowledge it's crazy. I have been working on bio projects and they've dealt with this stuff.. I get the highest grade in the class and I wouldn't have if I didn't know this stuff. When I took a test on ph, I knew soo much more than I was supposed to and wrote a "short" 1 page essay on the back of the test lol. I respect their decision though.. Just a pain working with a small tank when I have the supplies for a nice one.

needmorecowbell said:
Well I've noticed my Acro has started to encrust the the plug and it looks really cool. I'm excited to see it on the Rock, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later and then once it has a good base, it will grow more branches. I'm hoping to do a big frag session at around August, maybe September. I'll start selling some for maybe... Maybe another tank, I have to beg my parents.

It's weird how my parents don't want me to get another tank, It's giving me so much knowledge it's crazy. I have been working on bio projects and they've dealt with this stuff.. I get the highest grade in the class and I wouldn't have if I didn't know this stuff. When I took a test on ph, I knew soo much more than I was supposed to and wrote a "short" 1 page essay on the back of the test lol. I respect their decision though.. Just a pain working with a small tank when I have the supplies for a nice one.

Very cool!

Show them a really nice tank, like red sea max! Very expensive, but if can get the money, your parents would deinitly go for it. It literally looks just like furniture, they would go for it

Im hoping they will go for it but I have to think, I'm leaving in about years for college, what would i do?

I'm thinking about making a canopy, it would make it look nicer I think. My basement looks pretty weird when your looking through a window, there is blue light coming out of it.

I contacted a lfs I've never went to before and I'm sure I will be buying from them. They said they are almost sure that both the fish will be there next week and they will hold them for me. Their prices are close to liveaquaria too. Pretty excited.

needmorecowbell said:
Im hoping they will go for it but I have to think, I'm leaving in about years for college, what would i do?

I'm thinking about making a canopy, it would make it look nicer I think. My basement looks pretty weird when your looking through a window, there is blue light coming out of it.

I contacted a lfs I've never went to before and I'm sure I will be buying from them. They said they are almost sure that both the fish will be there next week and they will hold them for me. Their prices are close to liveaquaria too. Pretty excited.

Well, your parents dont seem to be into the tank. Mine, however, will know enough by then and they say they will keep an care for it!

They don't love it like I do, they think it's pretty, but they wouldn't take Care of it like I do. I don't think they ever would do a pwc and I think I might need a 1000 gallon reservoir for an ato along with an auto feeder.

Well I've decided that at some point I'm going to sand my tank down and paint it black. That way it will match the canopy I make.

I've moved a lot of stuff around, the acans aren't doing very well, everything else is as happy as can be, even the fish.

Just finished sanding the doors to my tank. I used 60 grit then 150 grit. I'll be painting everything black once it's primed. I'm not sure how I'm going to sand down the tank, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom