Tiny creatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am new to sw. Few days ago started cycling 30 g tank with 40lb of live sand and 40 lb of live rock. I cycle using pure ammonia. But not cycling is my question.
I purchased live rock, let's say, used. It is cover in a lot of purple coralline algae and even couple of polyps. Tonight I noticed few "bugs" hiding in a live rock. I am not sure if they are good or bad. They are about 1/8 of an inch, silver/grey, with couple antennas and few legs on each side. When I shine light on them, they immediately hide.
Guy I bought live rock from just had live rock and sand in a tank, few snail and crabs here and there, but no fish.
What are they? Like I said, it is my first adventure in to salt water world.

Pics would help, but odds are they are amphipods. These guys are usually up late at night looking for food.

AquaRick said:
Pics would help, but odds are they are amphipods. These guys are usually up late at night looking for food.

Its gonna be hard to take picture, but I will try...

I have a lot to learn about sw. I googled it up and looks like pods.

No problem! It's a nice quick reference for many hitchhikers and other forms of life in our tanks.

Back
Top Bottom