Tiny critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaineSalt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just looking at my tank and where ever there is dark algae on the glass (in the corners on the silicone) I see tiny white specks moving around almost looks like they are eating it. What would these be?

I bet I could count 50 or so just on the two front corners of the glass. They are tiny though probably the size of a thin pencil lead.

Hopefully this is a good sign my tank is cycled. Or maybe the two have nothing to do with one another.

Ill check my levels tomorrow

Thanks

Today I caught 6 of them and took them to work and put them under a microscope. Cool looking critters and one had live babies holding onto it and another had eggs. So hopefully more are having young and my population will grow. Thanks for the comments

Ya we raise and process farmed salmon and have a microscope in the lab. Just put one on a slide and checked them out.

Yeah, one of these days when I have some extra spending money that I don't spend on fish or coral or a new tank I want to buy a microscope to look at my tank water at a different scale. I think it could be pretty interesting.

I tried putting my cell phone camera up to the lens but it didn't work.

I have bubbles coming up out of my sand I can see them in the sand through the glass. Is this suppose to happen?

Back
Top Bottom