To buy or not to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
The rose bulb anemone. I have a 75g tank that's over a year old with two clowns, a engineer goby and a six line wrasse. I'm about to place a order on live aquaria and notice they have so very nice rose bulbs for sale in divers den. I've always been curious about these and I know my tank can Handle it but I'm worried about it going in and taking over. Also worried about the sting, like how bad is it?

As long as your parameters are good , along with good lighting I don't see why you couldn't get one

For you the sting will not be that bad. You might get a rash that will go away. It will be deadly for your goby and sixline though.

Right, that's what has me the most worried. My tank is stocked with smaller fish with the largest being my engineer goby. I've found some gloves that come very high and are recommended for aquarium use along with other things, so in not really worried about me getting stung. I'm just really on the fence about this. It's still a little thing though, only 2inches fully out,

I have a dragonface pipefish in with mine and my rbta is about 5" in diameter. The pipe has no issues with it. Neither do any of my other small fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I'm gonna try it. I've talked to my local fish store and if anything goes crazy I can trade it in for store credit.

fish know what anemones are.
the only types that you need to concern yourself with are fish that don't actually swim a lot, but spend most of their time perched on something or scooting along the bottom; hawkfish, gobies, mandarins, etc, as they are much more likely to accidentally land on the anemone and get stung.
the wrasse and clowns (obviously) will be fine, and I imagine the goby would to if it is decent sized.

Back
Top Bottom